"I see Your face in every sunrise
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You’re beautiful"
-Phil Wickham
I love sunsets. Their beauty takes my breath away almost every evening. The Lord has blessed me with some pretty amazing sunsets recently:
A lake near where I live while headed to the post office
Headed to a work meeting
Hanging out in my back yard
Headed to go sledding on a dam in South Dakota with some pretty great friends
Sunset over the Grand Canyon
Hanging out in my back yard again
Even more than I love these beautiful sunsets, I love to watch the sun rise. Most of the above pictures were taken during ordinary, every day life. I think watching the sun rise is special. It takes time and effort. It's great to be reminded of God's handiwork in our every day lives, but sometimes it's nice to take the time and effort to seek Him out. I sure love a good sunrise.
I got lucky and caught this one before work.
This was captured on an early morning hike up Diamondhead, a volcano in Hawaii
I've recently had the privilege to watch the sun rise over multiple mountain ranges
And it was AWEsome
"The heavens declare the glory of GOD, and they sky above proclaims His handiwork"
-Psalm 19:1
"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."
-Hosea 6:3
"The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy."
-Psalm 65:8
BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL!
*As always, these pictures don't do the views any justice. In the words of John Mayer, "You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes."
BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL!
*As always, these pictures don't do the views any justice. In the words of John Mayer, "You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes."










No comments:
Post a Comment